Magnet Programs OverviewOur magnet programs offer a wide range of opportunities with specialized curriculum in areas such as:
o Dual Enrollment
o Advanced Placement (AP)
- Creative Sciences and Arts
- Digital Arts/Design
- Visual and Performing Arts
- Foreign Language Immersion
- Pre-Engineering & Engineering
- Health Sciences/Biomedical
- Business and Government Affairs
- Digital Media/Design/Broadcast Communications
The program offers a challenging interdisciplinary curriculum for high achieving students in grades K-12, offering advanced study such as dual enrollment for college credit, extended day services (elementary), expanded elective courses, STEAM -based and college readiness courses.
Many of the district's magnet schools have been recognized for earning Blue Ribbon status and for being awarded numerous Magnet Schools of America Merit Awards, including Baton Rouge Foreign Language Academic Immersion (BR FLAIM), Forest Heights Academy of Excellence, Westdale Heights Academic Magnet (WHAM), McKinley Middle Academic and Visual Performing Arts, Sherwood Middle Academic Magnet and Baton Rouge Magnet High.
The four Creative Sciences and Arts Magnet Schools funded by the Magnet Schools Assistance Program (MSAP) Grant, provides high-quality educational programs through implementation of a STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts, and Mathematics) theme-based curriculum. Using a consistent, logical approach for the development and implementation of thematic instruction, the four magnets are established upon a strong school culture with an emphasis on delivering an outstanding education through highly-qualified and specialized teachers.
For more information about the Creative Sciences and Arts Magnet programs are available at www.ebrmsap.org.
Magnet Programs have no tuition fees and offer the following:
- Advanced courses of study
- Expanded elective offerings
- Extended day services ( select elementary sites)
- Free transportation
- Lower student/teacher ratios
- Siblings may enroll if the school has a traditional components and space is available
2022-2023 Magnet Comprehensive Catalog